COL: Sarah!
Me: Hey, sir. Uh...my grad school application is due next Friday.
COL: Next Friday.
Me: When you're out of town. Have you had a chance to...
COL: Believe it or not, it's on my calendar: Sarah Recommendation, today, three o'clock.
Me: I believe it.
COL: Of course, I've bumped it back for three days straight...
Me: Well, I'm just going to not nag, then. *attempt to flee*
COL: Wait a minute, what's this leave form? Twenty-nine days?
Me: Uh...yes, sir.
COL: Where the hell are you going?
Me: Oh, gosh. Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany, Estonia, Russia...
COL: Okay, well, obviously, we need to see if...if we can live without you for that long.
Me: Oh, man! For the letter, I need you to think you can't survive without me, and for the leave form, I need you to think it's no big deal if I disappear for a month.
COL: Heh.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment