Thursday, June 22, 2006

Deleted Mail

Post-Super Bowl...

At yesterday's obligatory Super Bowl party, the host had three remove-the-ring type puzzles sitting next to the TV. Greg picked one up that was allegedly "the hard one." (Host's girlfriend, who apparently gave them to him for Christmas: "They're all supposed to be hard." Host: "Well, they're not.") I picked up what was called "the easy one," and said Greg would probably finish before I did. He didn't. I then picked up "the medium one," and finished that too, noticing that one piece of it was a different type of metal for a reason.

At least half an hour later, Greg was still working on the hard one. I noticed it also had the different type of metal...

Me: Can I show you something?
Greg: I guess.
Me: (demonstrate properties of other metal)
Greg: Ah!
Host: Dude, did she just show you how to do it?
Greg: Pretty much.
Host: Dude, we need to revoke your PhD.
Me: I thought you were going to say "penis." Because that was pretty emasculating.
Host: I wasn't going to go there.
Greg: Thank you.

No comments: