Friday, December 19, 2008

Thursdays with Walter, week 11

  • There should be a technology fight song. Go, technology, go!
  • You'll be sorry you came to this class. This is the get jiggy class.
  • It's the Mothers of Invention. It's something old people use to like.
  • It's always somebody and his orchestra.
  • We have lugged in about 3000 pounds of equipment tonight, ostensibly to show you things.
  • I do accept coloring books in lieu of final papers, so if you threw anything away, ha ha!
  • Why you trickin' me, man?
  • What's this http thing I keep seeing? And three w's? Is that a mystical organization? They make things appear on my screen!
  • And that's actually Ronald Reagan!
  • Okay, let's not panic, we have options.
  • We don't have any sound off these things. What a cheap classroom.
  • Whoa! That's Moby Dick the sound recorder. Is that Edison right there? Whoever he is, he liked a beer after work.
  • That also is Ronald Reagan, by the way.
  • We could do ancestry next class.
  • Ah, it's beautiful: the music coffin.
  • Open the doors! Play it for the neighbors, see if I care!
  • If they want credit they have to stay! I love this!
  • Eduard-Leon Scott de Martinville, ore Eddie Martin as we used to call him...
  • Oh geez, I've got a class and I forgot my crank!
  • In the modern era, today it's an iPod, tomorrow it's a peapod, I don't know what's coming next and neither do you, and don't say you do.
  • No, no, don't come up with a better solution, I can't handle it. My whole house is full of better solutions.
  • I'm s'posed to clean this and have gloves on and...you know, read.
  • We're gonna do one more yodel.
  • Okay that's Alpine Harry and his Bob Dylan impersonation.
  • That's probably the greatness of museums and libraries: that the past is still there.
  • If you go back through old issues of Scientific American, you'll see why our society is really odd.
  • This thing has more scratches than Gabby Hayes's whiskers on a cheesecake.
  • Who says that? Chico!
  • If you know this group, you have serious issues.
  • It's too bad we can't hear this, because this is awful.
  • They have metal things coming our of their heads, and they look at me like I'm some kind of tree fossil. They're surprised I'm alive.
  • Ah! This is one handout you'll really want to color.
  • It was like watching a xerox copy of a baseball game.
  • The wildest surrealist poet on all available drugs at the same time couldn't come up with these band names.
  • You inhaled, you put [Inagaddadavida] on, and the next thing you knew it was Sunday!
  • You listen to T.S. Eliot, you don't need an antidepressant, you need someone to see where you are on the floor.
  • We've got time for a song. Do you want Barenaked Ladies, or Mingus, or...ooh!
  • Okay, the first track is called "Oh Lord, Don't Let 'Em Drop That Atomic Bomb on Me," and the second one is "Eat That Chicken."
  • Thereby combining Gospel and the beatniks in an eclectic mix of noise.
  • Razzmatootie!
  • If you want to learn how to preserve it, read the material.
  • No comments: