Friday, December 19, 2008

Thursdays with Walter, week 5

  • I hope I terrified everyone: it's the midterm of midterms!
  • With the midterm being a big bomber, the end of the year stuff'll be a piece of cake.
  • This is your midterm. It's like a vision came to me.
  • For next week, I want you to write a short story that begins, "On the way to the wedding, I drove past a bloody corpse on the highway."
  • I asked them for a sample, and they send me a bible.
  • I'm a sham and a pretense, but I admit it.
  • These are the really unemployable.
  • Does anybody care about Google to the extent that you want to go there and say "Hi, what's new?" We just use them.
  • This is a cruel trade! I didn't know conservators were so ruthless!
  • I cooked up a horrific midterm in order to mask my ignorance.
  • I ain't never lickin' the tip of a ballpoint no more.
  • Put that in your "don't" column.
  • It's alcohol, alright!
  • If you can drink it, you can breathe it. Ooh! Write that down!
  • Oh wow, this is horrific, but it's original, so it's 11 million dollars.
  • Those tricksy conservators are behind all this.
  • That's what I like about the web: you get what you wanted plus 80 pages of comments.
  • Next week, I'll show you way more wheels. I have so many wheels now I could build an 18-wheeler.
  • This is your guide for the midterm. If you have trouble, light incense in front of him. If you want a color version, send me ten dollars and I'll give you a paint by number. Now that you have your totem, let's look at what you've gotten into.
  • If you're not here, raise your hand.
  • What's a Hemingway? Oh, about five pounds.
  • I got all of these from one box, from one dumpster. Student: Are you just hanging out by the dumpster waiting for an old guy with a box of books? Nah, these are all coincidences. I have book radar. I should be a book dowser.
  • No comments: